|This activity consists in an international congress on the modernization of Criminal and Private Law in the Philippines. Experts from Europe and Asia will present papers and participate on collaborative discussions on several topics key to such areas.
It is part of a series of events which will take place in June 2022 in the Philippines, including:
Activity 2.1 – Seminar on Modernization of Criminal Law
Activity 2.5 – Seminar on Modernization of Commercial Law
|The objective of this activity is to enhance the research capacity of Philippine law schools and addressing the following concerns in scholarly advancement vis-àvis policy formulation: academic expertise and research output; modernization of legal codes; human rights awareness and regard for the rule of law; and interest and skill in foreign languages as it impacts cross border legal education and mobility.|
|10 – 11 June 2022|
|Responsible for organizing this activity: UP – Prof. Fides Cordero-Tan
UMA – Prof. José Manuel Torres Perea and Marília Higa
|UP – Manila, the Philippines|
Implemented: 10-11 June 2022.
100 % speakers with professional background
Audience of at least 40 people
70% of atendees satisfied with event, consider the activity professionally relevant and consider its educational content correspondent to the Filipino reality.
• Enhanced research capacity of Philippine law schools
• Updated and integrated insights on the relationship between Spanish and Philippine laws
• Developed academic expertise through cooperative knowledge sharing and knowledge transfer on Spanish and EU law (legal and justice systems)
• Encouraged academic debates and valuable experts’ contributions to modernize Filipino Law and its effective policy making
• Improved multi-lingual research capacity of HEIs by fomenting their interest in the Spanish language
Photos of the event: